Re: having trouble getting a more recent version of libtool...

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: having trouble getting a more recent version of libtool...
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:57:10 +0200

Hi Ed,

* Ed Hartnett wrote on Thu, May 19, 2005 at 04:23:36PM CEST:

> On the libtool site http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/libtool.html
> the link to the development release times out,

ACK.  It should point to ftp://alpha.gnu.org instead of alpha.gnu.org.
Should be fixed when the website is updated from CVS next time (I
believe on the order of 15 minutes).

> and the link to the cvs snapshot give a HTTP error.

ACK.  I don't know whether we have a location for this tarball at the
moment .. must ask Gary.

> Is anyone on this list successfully able to get these files?

> Meanwhile, I checked out libtool from the cvs repository, and there is
> no configure file checked into the repository, and autoreconf doesn't
> work for me.

Try 1.9f again, see above.  For CVS HEAD, you need CVS versions of
Autoconf, Automake, and need to use ./bootstrap in order to get going
(README.alpha explains it all).

And remember: They are not called stable for a reason.
(Most reasons show up in either one of the libtool, bug-libtool, or
libtool-patches mailing lists.)

Regards,