Re: is this a correct use for convenience libraries?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: is this a correct use for convenience libraries?
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 06:52:54 +0200

Hi Ed,

* Ed Hartnett wrote on Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:25:53PM CEST:

> If an interested user uses --enable-netcdf-4, then he gets the classic
> library, built as a convenience library, and then the new library, with
> the convenience library included. In other words, both libraries are
> included in the final result.
>
> This seemed to work well, until I tried porting to an AIX.
>
> On the AIX, the convenience library doesn't seem to make it into the
> final output.

Which Libtool version do you use again?  Is your code available for
download?  What are both command lines and output for the creation of
both the convenience lib and the one that includes it (copy and paste)?

You might have hit a genuine Libtool bug, I'd like to make sure that's
not the case.

Regards,