Re: libtool 2.1a failed mdemo-make.test on Solaris

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool 2.1a failed mdemo-make.test on Solaris
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:31:48 +0200

Hi Sven,

* Sven Verdoolaege wrote on Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:51:54PM CEST:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 06:41:20PM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > Interesting.  Please post $top_builddir/config.log (preferably bzip2 or
> > gzip packed), and $top_builddir/config.h.
>
> Attached.

Thanks.

> > Do you use the Autoconf CVS version from a couple of weeks ago for
> > bootstrapping?  It had a nasty issue that manifests itself in the
> > limitations of Solaris `sed' when that does the substitutions for
> > config.h during config.status runs.  Current CVS Autoconf should be
> > fixed.
>
> I couldn't remember, so I bootstrapped again with this version:
> bash-3.00$ tail -1 ChangeLog
>         $Revision: 1.1967 $ $Date: 2005/06/21 14:18:24 $

This is the Libtool version.  You bootstrapped with an older unstable
Autoconf version:
$ sed 3q configure
#! /bin/sh
# Guess values for system-dependent variables and create Makefiles.
# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59b for libtool 2.1a.

> Then I did a make dist, resulting in
> http://www.kotnet.org/~skimo/libtool-2.1a.tar.bz2
> (let me know when you've copied it, so I can remove it)

Done.  Others may want to look at it, though..

> It's this version that fails on solaris.

Let's see: ls libltdl/argz.h created by running `make' in $top_builddir?
What says
$ grep ARGZ_H libltdl/Makefile

Regards,