Re: solaris 10: address@hidden

From: Howard Chu
Subject: Re: solaris 10: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:00:08 -0700

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, David Lee wrote:

I'm using GNU/ld; but I'd be happy,as part of the experiments, to try to redirect our "gcc" to use the Solaris/ld. (How to redirect it?)

I recommend that anyone who installs GCC under Solaris use the Solaris linker rather than the GNU linker. This is based on past experience learned the hard way.

Agreed. The GNU linker used to be pretty good up to the SunOS 4 days, but we always use the Solaris linker on our builds now. Again, past experience...
--
  -- Howard Chu