Re: Creating win32 .dll whith auto exporting symbols

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Creating win32 .dll whith auto exporting symbols
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:04:19 +0200

Hi Sergey,

* Sergey L. Kachanuk wrote on Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 12:37:44PM CEST:
> On 11.08.2005 12:08, Sergey L. Kachanuk wrote:
> >
> >I'm having problem porting project to MingW. It already compiles with
> >MSVC++ on Win32 and gcc on Unices.

How do you get MSVC to work?  Do you use cccl?  Patched libtool?
Or do you mean: use use libtool only when not using MSVC?
(Peter Ekberg is currently working on improved support for this compiler
in Libtool.)

> >Created during compilation has no symbols exported. I tried passing
> >--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc and --export-all-symbols to libtool - same
> >thing :(

That's most likely because libtool will eat those options,
and not pass them on.

> Ok! I've found option -export-symbols-regex in libtool and passed
> -export-symbols-regex \* to it, but now I'm getting another errors:
>
> > Cannot export R: symbol not defined

Hmm.  This might be a bug fixed in 1.5.12.

> > Cannot export typeinfo for BalloonMsg: symbol not defined
> > Cannot export typeinfo name for BalloonMsg: symbol not defined
> > Cannot export vtable for BalloonMsg: symbol not defined
> etc..
>
> What can I do with this? :(

If at all possible, please update to 1.5.18.  In any case, please
send the complete output of the link line with --debug added:
| /bin/sh ../libtool --debug --tag=CXX --mode=link g++ -no-undefined ..

Please pack the output (bzip2, gzip).  Not sure I can help you then,
but more data is necessary.