Re: Use of compiler_lib_search_path when cross-compiling

From: Albert Chin
Subject: Re: Use of compiler_lib_search_path when cross-compiling
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:57:24 -0500

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 04:22:03PM -0700, Marc Singer wrote:
> [ snip snip ]
>
> So, the question is this.  Do I need to build a special version of
> libtool for cross compiling which is separate from the version used to
> build native packages?

Yes. However, libtool is usually part of the native package build
process so it gets customized to whatever flags used during the build.
It's generally a bad idea to use the installed libtool unless you're
using the same flags used to build the installed libtool.

You could also LDFLAGS="-L[path you your cross-compiled libs]" and
libtool should look in LDFLAGS first.

--
albert chin (address@hidden)