Re: libtool problem:cannot build libtool

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool problem:cannot build libtool
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:24:48 +0200

Hi Sharad,

* sharad wrote on Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:16:40PM CEST:
> Hi everyone,
>  I've cross-compiled RPM (red hat package manager) using
>  mipsel-linux-gcc.The compilation seems to be OK with some
>  warnings.But at the end of compilation following error shoots up:
>
> libtool: link: cannot build libtool library `librpmdb.la' from non-libtool
> objects on this host: mut_pthread.o client.o db_server_clnt.o db_server_xdr.o
> gen_client.o.....
>
> What can be the cause and solution for this.

Please show how you actually configured RPM, and the output of
configure.  Also please show
  ./libtool --version

Note that the current stable version is 1.5.20, and anything earlier
than 1.5.16 will have serious deficiencies with respect to $host_alias
prefixes.  So if RPM was libtoolized with an older version, you should
update that first (rerun 1.5.20 libtoolize and take care that it finds
the macros from 1.5.20 libtool.m4).

Still, unfortunately, cross compiling glitches may remain, but not the
one you are seeing now.