Re: postdeps empty on OpenBSD

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: postdeps empty on OpenBSD
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:21:26 +0100

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 01:51:28PM -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> If you are using the C++ standard library, there are things going on
> that you are normally blissfully unaware of.  These may use static
> initialization.

Fair enough, a C++ Python module may simply not work on some platforms.
But static initialisation does work on a number of platforms in this
situation, including both Linux and OpenBSD (I've just written a small
testcase to actually check).

But we seem to have strayed from the problem I actually have (into
problems I might potentially have!)

Should libtool be able to link a C++ module such that it can be
dlopen-ed by a C program (on platforms where this can be made to work)?

Cheers,
    Olly