Re: Got shared libraries to build with libtool on MinGW, but it was a st

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Got shared libraries to build with libtool on MinGW, but it was a struggle
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:37:26 +0200

Hi Alan, others,

* Alan W. Irwin wrote on Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 05:47:52AM CEST:
> On 2005-09-18 13:08+0200 Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>
> >Alan, and others, could you verify that in your setup, the following
> >patch fixes the problem?

> The PLplot developer with access to MinGW/MSYS has the following system:
*sinp*
> When he used the two patches above, he reports everything worked fine for
> the PLplot shared library build so these patches are what we are going
> to recommend for all our MinGW/MSYS users.

OK.  Thank you for testing.

> For what it is worth, I also tested the two patches on my Linux system
> (Debian stable), and it did no harm, i.e., the PLplot patched shared library
> build worked on that platform as well.

OK.

Well, nobody complained about removing `-lm' from the link line for
MinGW, so, after a bit of testing I have installed the two patches in
question to Libtool CVS HEAD and branch-1-5.  Another copy of the actual
patches will appear on the libtool-patches list.

Thanks everyone again.