Re: postdeps empty on OpenBSD

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: postdeps empty on OpenBSD
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:30:45 +0000 (UTC)

On 2005-09-22, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Olly Betts wrote on Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 11:00:30PM CEST:
>> The bottom line for me is that if I explicitly add "-lstdc++" when
>> linking _xapian.so, it all works.  If I don't, it doesn't.  So I
>> kind of feel that ideally libtool should be doing that for me...
>
> ACK.  I hate to break libtool on systems I cannot test, when the
> maintainers may have had good reasons to do something slightly
> differently than the default way, though.

I've kindly been given temporary access to on an OpenBSD machine by the
user who reported this issue to me.  If one of the libtool maintainers
would find it useful to be able to test fixes, I can ask if he'd be
willing to give them temporary access too.  Alternatively I can test
fixes.  Or I can work on a fix myself, if there's consensus on what
should be done (I suspect I'll need some help and advice though...)

Cheers,
    Olly