Re: FYI: ksh bug on Tru64 UNIX causes current libtool failure

From: Nicolas Joly
Subject: Re: FYI: ksh bug on Tru64 UNIX causes current libtool failure
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 17:57:01 +0200

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 05:08:11AM +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hi Nicolas, others,

Hi Ralf,

> This is a gentle reminder that this issue with Libtool HEAD/branch-2-0
> on Tru64 sh is still unsolved.  It'd be nice to get a solution into the
> next 2.0 release candidate, should such a solution exist.

Sorry for the delay, i was away and/or busy. :-(

Here follow a small summary for libtool HEAD on my Tru64 v5.1B
workstation.

bootstrap works (very slowly, but it works ...).

* Without modification, configure works fine but make abort with
  `./config.status: print: not found' error message.

* With `BIN_SH=xpg4; export BIN_SH' set before configuring and
  building both configure and make work. `make check' report 4
  failures (verbose run attached for the 1st one):
           FAIL: tests/mdemo-make.test
           FAIL: tests/mdemo-make.test
           FAIL: tests/mdemo-dryrun.test
           FAIL: tests/mdemo-make.test
  NB: I'm getting the same results with the patch i previoulsy posted,
  which swap `print -r' and `ksh' tests in _LT_PROG_ECHO_BACKSLASH
  macro.

* With `lt_ECHO='printf %s\\n'; export lt_ECHO' set, configure
  generate numerous `sed: Function 1s/^X//\n cannot be parsed'
  messages.

Regards.

--
Nicolas Joly