Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: mode=link and full path to dependent shared library?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:02:35 +0200

Hi Peter,

Welcome back!  :)

* Peter O'Gorman wrote on Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 02:55:40PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>
> | Doesn't that patch break other libtool instances which do not have it?
> | (i.e.: libfoo.la will contain `/path/to/libintl.so' in dependency_libs,
> | but libtool's without your patch will refuse to read the .la file)
> | Untested due to time constraints, sorry.
>
> If I recall correctly, specifying the full path to a shared library worked
> with libtool-1.4, so this is probably a regression.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply this should not be fixed.  Just haven't
tested Albert's patch yet.  Unless beaten to, I'll do that together
with Howard's patch, which I've been shamefully letting sit there for
almost two months now. :(
(I plan to go through my mail folder once more before the next alpha for
any of those.)

> As far as I can remember (not looking at the code here) ltmain.sh
> looks at the stuff in dependency_libs and checks if it exists as a
> file, and has always done so.

OK then.

> I'll try to confirm these statements later :)

Great!