problem with libtool on Darwin

From: Federico Carminati
Subject: problem with libtool on Darwin
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:56:35 +0200

Hello,
may be I am completely wrong... however. If I use service libraries in subdirectories to create a main library with Fortrran on Darwin I have a problem. libtool correctly compiles the objects for the shared libs in the subdirs with -fno-common and creates shared service libraries. Unfortunately when it comes to create the main library at the top level, it extracts the objects from the archive libraries. Now these are compiled with the "wrong" flags for a shared lib, i.e. without -fno-common, so creation of the top level library fails. Or am I missing something... ?

Federico Carminati
CERN-PH
1211 Geneva 23
Switzerland