Re: Fw: Problem with libtool under HPUX: BIND_FIRST flag is required

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Fw: Problem with libtool under HPUX: BIND_FIRST flag is required
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:39:59 +0100

* Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 02:17:25PM CET:
> * Jan Giesen wrote on Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 10:48:10PM CET:
> > You wrote:
> > > We need RTLD_GLOBAL by default at the moment, simply because some
> > > libltdl users expect things to work this way.

Gah.  Please forget all of this, including my proposed patch.

CVS HEAD in fact does not use global resolution:  Here's the
corresponding discussion and patch:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-libtool/2004-03/msg00094.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2004-03/msg00091.html

Hrmpf.  I did not find this during my earlier search.

I don't know really what to do.  I'm reluctant to change branch-1-5 in
this respect.  It's supposed to be a stable series, after all.  :-/