Re: Implementing LIBTOOL on OpenVMS

From: John E. Malmberg
Subject: Re: Implementing LIBTOOL on OpenVMS
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:14:05 -0500

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Hi John,

> Sorry for the delay.

No problem, I am fighting with pkg-config right now. I have to fix the CC under bash emulation to ignore some ANSI issues that GCC 3.x apparently does by default, and to include a header file that makes the equivalent of some of the GCC builtins visible. But only do that when the source module is a .c or a .cxx module, because it breaks things when other types of files are run through the pre-processor only.

> I had to read a bit about OpenVMS first.

I assume that you found the documentation link at http://www.hp.com/go/openvms .

There are a few public access OpenVMS systems on the wild wild web,
http://encompasserve.org, http://deathrow.vistech.net/, and of course
http://www.testdrive.hp.com/.  And of course
http://www.openvmshobbyist.org/ for non-commercial home use.