Re: Fwd: Automake problem: one makefile for everything

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: Fwd: Automake problem: one makefile for everything
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:27:56 +0000

[Please remove address@hidden from replies to this thread]

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,
I hope you can help me.  I'm banging my
head against the wall here doing something that I think should be
extremely simple, but just cannot get Automake/Autoconf/libtool to do
it the way I want it.
If I have the following files:
main1.c
main2.c
modules/mod1.c
modules/mod2.c
and I want a Makefile.am in the top-level source directory that
compiles main1.c and main2.c into one library (say libmain.la) and
mod1.c and mod2.c into libmod.la in the modules directory.  Simple
request huh?  But in *one* Makefile.am.  How do I do it?

AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = subdir-objects
lib_LTLIBRARIES = libmain.la modules/libmod.la
libmain_la_SOURCES = main1.c main2.c
modules_libmod_la_SOURCES = modules/mod1.c modules/mod2.c

HTH,
        Gary.
--
Gary V. Vaughan      ())_.  address@hidden,gnu.org}