Re: [RFC] simple sanity checking libtool versions at runtime

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [RFC] simple sanity checking libtool versions at runtime
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:34:19 +0000

Ralf Wildenhues dixit:

>Also please not the ' don't match up (and libtool uses the ` ' weird
>looking quotes, as other non-localized GNU software does).

When is this going to change? In ASCII, you use '...', in Unicode,
you use U+2018 and U+2019 which look like latin1 `...´ but have
different semantics (the ` and ´ marks, U+0060 and U+00B4 are
accent signs and used for composing e.g. `a -> à).

Ask Markus Kuhn if you don't believe me ;) I heard he managed to
get the GCC developers to change this.

If you decide to do it, I'm even going to do the work and submit
patches for branch-1-5 and HEAD (I've got the FSF legal paperwork
already in place, so no big deal).

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt