Re: libtool shared convenience library problems on AIX?

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: libtool shared convenience library problems on AIX?
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 14:30:38 +0000

On Dec 24, 2005, at 12:51 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Hi Ed,
Ed Hartnett writes:

When I run on AIX, unless I used --disable-shared, the link fails,
because it can't find the contents of one of the convenience
libraries.

This is the symptom.
PS - I'm using libtool version 1.9f.

This shows the solution (hopefully): I think we fixed this in CVS HEAD after 1.9f -- that one is hopelessly outdated. Please try either CVS HEAD itself, or the nightly snapshot, should you not want to bootstrap libtool. Snapshot generation broke a couple of weeks ago, but should be fixed soon,
and the last generated snapshot should be ok to use meanwhile.

Snapshot should be working now. A combination of the machine on which it was running being dead and the cvs moving was a little bit of an issue.

Thanks to Rob Braun for letting me run the update script on opendarwin's web server.

Peter