Re: libtool documentation license: Debian, the GFDL and the DFSG.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool documentation license: Debian, the GFDL and the DFSG.
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:33:17 +0100

Hi Kurt,

* Kurt Roeckx wrote on Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 07:06:41PM CET:

> I'm asking if it would be possible to dual license the
> documentation under the GPL, or some other license, so that it is
> compatible with the DFSG.

While I would certainly favor such a solution, I must admit that I
don't know what would be necessary in order to be possible.  Since
copyright assignments are in place, FSF approval should suffice;
is it likely that they would agree, though?  Who should one ask?
It would probably be a good thing to also have at least the listed
authors' agreement.