Re: The .so is missing from my Linux shared libraries

From: Thomas Gagné
Subject: Re: The .so is missing from my Linux shared libraries
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:53:22 -0500

Your advice worked.  Thank you very much.

Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Monday 16 January 2006 14:52, Thomas Gagné wrote:
Oddly, the libraries work on my Suse Linux 9.1 but not my Redhat boxes.
ldconfig doesn't seem to recognize the .so-less libraries as libraries
at all.  Inside my build directory the file libtool reports
shrext='.so', but it doesn't seem to build them that way.

sounds like there's a version mismatch between your autotool files (configure / ltmain.sh)

make sure you re-run aclocal, libtoolize -c -f, autoconf, and all that jazz
-mike

--
Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/>,<http://gagne.homedns.org/> or
     <http://gagne.homedns.org/~tgagne/> for more great reading.