exclusive static or shared

From: Christopher Hulbert
Subject: exclusive static or shared
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:08:28 -0500

I have a number of directories most of which I ONLY want to build
shared libraries from.  There are a couple that I ONLY want static
libraries.  Is there a way to turn on/off shared/static libraries.  I
saw -static which would work IF both build_old_libs=yes.  Is there any
way to have -static set build_old_libs=yes?  This is on cygwin with
libtool 1.5.22.  Is there a -shared equivelent to disable static and
enable shared library building?

Chris