Re: exclusive static or shared

From: Christopher Hulbert
Subject: Re: exclusive static or shared
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:10:20 -0500

Ok, I sent the patch to libtool-patch.

Another question I have wondered is as follows:

Lets say I build library liba as both static and shared (thus I have
liba.a and liba.so or liba.lib and liba.dll).  I later want to build
libb.so or libb.dll against the installed liba.  From my observations
it always takes the shared liba.  Is this true, or is there a flag to
tell it to use static libraries where available (similar to -i-static
for intel compiler).

I was thinking something like -libtool-static or
-libtool-static=-la,-lxyz where the comma-separated list is a list of
libraries this rule applies to.  Any thoughts on the matter?