Re: [png-mng-implement] -version-number and BeOS

From: Christian Biesinger
Subject: Re: [png-mng-implement] -version-number and BeOS
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:53:42 +0200

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Except that hack fixes a symptom, but not the underlying issue.

It seems to me that this is a bug in any case. Not only is -version-number inconsistent with -version-info here. Even if BeOS has a versioning system for libraries and libtool gets support for that, this would still leave -version-number broken for other platforms where version_type=none (seems to be amigaos, os2 and sysv4 (in some cases)).

Or are you saying that -version-* should not be passed to libtool if the target doesn't have versioning support?

It would great if someone with BeOS access and experience investigate
the versioning system they use for shared libraries, and we could code
that into Libtool then, to really fix this.

That would be preferrable but still leave the other mentioned platforms broken.