Re: Re: hardcode_libdir, rpath and DLLs

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Re: hardcode_libdir, rpath and DLLs
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:21:42 +0200

Hi Robert,

* Robert Szeleney wrote on Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 12:11:45PM CEST:

> >> I suspect the right way to handle this would be to use "libtool
> >> --mode=execute" to run the binary, and that should either set the
> >> working directory to the dir where the DLL lives or set $PATH.  Or maybe
> >> libtool uses a wrapper script for the binary.

> I'm actually porting libtool to SkyOS which mostly works already. So I'm
> not running windows/cygwin, its just that the SkyOS executable format is
> PE/DLL, thats way I'm refering to cygwin in the last post.

So the shell wrapper that `libtool --mode=link -o program' creates for
an uninstalled executable should add the right uninstalled paths to
$shlibpath_var.

> Actually SkyOS respects the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable when loading an
> executable.

So shlibpath_var=LD_LIBRARY_PATH is right.

Robert, feel free to post what you have currently.   Your patch will get
dissected anyway (in due time), and hints may probably be helpful anyway,
and even get you quicker over remaining issues.