Avoiding to install some static libs

From: Pierre Ossman
Subject: Avoiding to install some static libs
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:06:36 +0200

Hi!

I'd like to avoid installing some of the static libs built, but I can't figure out how.

I have a package that contains both "normal" libraries, for which I'd like both dynamic and static to be installed, and some modules. I'd like to kill off the static versions of the modules as they serve no purpose.

I tried adding --tag=disable-static when doing libtool --mode=install, but that didn't help. Any other ideas?

I'd like to keep building the libs, as they might be used for preloading. But if there is a way to disable building them (figuring out how to get automake to give libtool the --tag probably) but not a way to disable installing them, then that is possible solution, although not preferable.

--
Rgds
Pierre Ossman                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00