Re: Avoiding to install some static libs

From: Pierre Ossman
Subject: Re: Avoiding to install some static libs
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:54:09 +0200

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

If you want both built, but only shared installed, one way is to build
them twice, say, in different directories, once with and once without
--tag=disable-shared.  For the ones that you don't want installed,
you'll need to make them noinst_LTLIBRARIES, and add -rpath $libdir
manually to *LDFLAGS, additionally to -module.

Hope that helps.

Hmm... Not as clean as I had hoped. I think we'll keep them for now and people will have to accept the clutter (or packagers clean it up).

Thanks anyway.

--
Pierre Ossman                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio AB                    Web: http://www.cendio.com