Re: checking exported functions in a .la ( a bit like nm )

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: checking exported functions in a .la ( a bit like nm )
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 18:54:23 +0200

Hello Philippe,

Apologies for the long delay.

* Philippe Barthelemy wrote on Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 11:41:12PM CEST:

> A pretty basic question I guess :

Not as basic as I had thought ... but let's see:

> trying to compile a program, one of the executable can not find a
> function from a libtool-generated library.
>
> How can I check the exported ( visible ) functions and symbols in a .la
> file?

Well, for now there isn't a documented way to do this easily with
Libtool, but I think there should be.  So below is a script to achieve
it.  Please try it and report how it fares; it should be fairly portable
but I have not tested it much at all, and it does not work with
uninstalled program wrappers yet.

I'm not yet sure how a good inclusion of the functionality into libtool
proper would look like.  Similar stuff could be provided for stripping,
and maybe objdump... maybe a new --mode?  Thoughts?