Problem with '-L' switch.

From: Vaclav Havlik
Subject: Problem with '-L' switch.
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:42:17 +0200 (CEST)

Hello.
Can you advise me on this, please?
I build a library with libtool, say libbig.la, from C++ sources, on IA32. This
libbig.la wants to link to libsmall.la as '-lsmall' . But, during creating
libbig.la, g++ has '-L/usr/lib' before my (user's) paths, which is undesitable
in my situation.
This '-L/usr/lib' is there only in the case, when libsmall.la has non-empty
'Library Rpath' section in ELF (you find this with 'readelf --dynamic
libsmall.so').  When I arrange for libsmall to have this 'Library Rpath'
section empty, then '-L/usr/lib' goes away.

As it seems.  And this problem seems to depend on some other configuration of
Linux system. On AMD64 it does not occur, although the versions of libtool are
the same.
Thank you. V.