Re: DESTDIR, relink dependent lib, RPM and AIX

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: DESTDIR, relink dependent lib, RPM and AIX
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 20:45:15 +0200

Hello Jaimon,

* Jaimon Jose wrote on Sun, Oct 08, 2006 at 06:51:13PM CEST:
> I'm trying to do a "make install DESTDIR=/mydir " on AIX 5.1.  I see a
> similar question is asked couple of months back and didn't see any reply
> yet.

I just replied there:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.general/7717/focus=7735

Unless you find out whether the failure is the same as in the other case
or different (which can depend on a number of details such as the
dependency graph structure, whether you're using runtimelinking, and
some more), or check whether your issue hasn't been fixed in CVS HEAD of
Libtool yet, or at least enable us to check, it's difficult to say any
more.  A reproducible example is much better than guesses about code
changes, or a (packed) --debug output of the relink would help as well.