Re: libtool/ltmain linking wrong stdc++

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool/ltmain linking wrong stdc++
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 21:16:38 +0200

* Taj Morton wrote on Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 06:38:10PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
> > Please rerun the link command with --debug and without --silent:
> >   /bin/sh ../../../libtool --debug --tag=CXX --mode=link ... >log 2>&1
> >   gzip -9 log
> http://wildgardenseed.com/Taj/libtool-log

Your /opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.la is listing /usr/lib/libstdc++.la
This pulls in /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.

Note you'll have to find out which version of that library was used: if
you link against a different one, any kind of fun, almost impossible to
debug, can ensue (you'll be lucky if you get a hard error).

Then you can install that library, and use it.  Or if you are
all-powerful on this system, and you are dead certain that the
kdecore library was linked against a libstdc++ compatible with
the one in /opt/gcc-.../, then you can try to edit the file
/opt/kde/lib/libkdecore.la to match this.  If I were you, I'd
undo this quickly after using it, and anyway you get to keep the
pieces if anything breaks.

Generatlly, you should not link against libraries using two different,
incompatible libstdc++ at the same time.