Re: libtool/ltmain linking wrong stdc++

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool/ltmain linking wrong stdc++
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:33:08 +0200

* Taj Morton wrote on Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 12:43:36AM CEST:
> My problem is that when I compile my GCC-3.3 RPM, libtool links
> against /usr/lib/libstdc++.so, instead of /opt/gcc-3.3/lib/libstdc++.so.

Yes, you already wrote that.  And I already told you possible ways out
of your trouble.  Did you just ignore them, or did they not work for
you, or what else was the problem with them?
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2006-10/msg00027.html

Please note that trying to create a library linking against libstdc++.X
and also against a libkdecore that was linked against libstdc++.Y (with
the promise to have, at runtime, a binary compatible libkdecore that was
instead linked against libstdc++.X) sounds like walking a tightrope to
me.