Re: libtool/ltmain linking wrong stdc++

From: Brian Dessent
Subject: Re: libtool/ltmain linking wrong stdc++
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:11:54 -0700

Taj Morton wrote:

> I was hoping for a solution that maybe involved sedding the libtool file, or
> something like that. If I can't acomplish it that was, I guess I can just
> modify
> Autopackage's wrapper around gcc/g++ to link the compilers libstdc++.so.

Can't you just build+install a private version of libkdecore with gcc
3.2, and then ensure that that one is found when building your lib by
specifying CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS as appropriate?  Or put another way, if
you're going to do the "build everything with two separate toolchains"
thing then doesn't that mean you have to extend that logic to building
not just your app/lib but all dependant libs that are referenced in the
final app?

It seems like it would be a lot easier just to have a chroot or vmware
type setup, with gcc-3.2/libstdc++.so.5/whatever-other-libs-of-that-era
all segregated so that no modern libs pollute the build.

Brian