Re: address@hidden: mingw]

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: address@hidden: mingw]
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:11:08 +0100

Hello Bob,

(Maybe change the Subject: to something more descriptive?)

* Bob Rossi wrote on Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 06:07:28PM CET:

> This isn't necessarily a libtool question, but this list might be able
> to answer the questions I have better than the log4cxx-dev list.

Not sure.

> What exactly can I do about the libtool warning messages?

These?
>   *** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
> /home/bobbybrasko/log4cxx/apr-util/src/prefixdir/lib/libaprutil.la.
>   *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
>   *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
>   *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

They are sometimes bogus.  Nobody has gotten around to fixing that yet.

> Am I doing something wrong?

No idea.

> is the -enable-experimental-libtool something this list endorses?

FWIW, I have no idea what it does.  Is there documentation for it, or
source to read?  Where does it come from?

> BTW, OUCH, I just realized I configured with the wrong parameter,
> -enable-experimental-libtool should have been --enable-experimental-libtool.

All I know is -enable-foo and --enable-foo are equivalent.

Where are the XML_ParserFree and other functions located at?
Do you have a URL for the tarball you're building?