Re: Libtool HEAD testsuite

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Libtool HEAD testsuite
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:35:02 +0100

Hello Markus,

* Duft Markus wrote on Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 05:28:41PM CET:

> Sorry, i must correct myself. $EXEEXT *is* used *sometimes* and as far
> as my situation is concerned, completely in the wrong places...

Well, it matches the Cygwin semantics of .exe interpolation:
<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#id4729824>.

The other missing bit of data is that on Cygwin and MinGW, a C wrapper
foo/tagdemo.exe for foo/.libs/tagdemo.exe is also created in addition to
the shell wrapper foo/tagdemo.

You don't describe your situation sufficiently well for somebody
else to do anything about it.  Do you use Cygwin, MinGW, or Interix?
Native or cross-compile + simulator?  What semantics does the system in
question have wrt. suffix interpolation?  Find out about those semantics
and post the link to its documentation.  How come you don't post the
actual verbose test failure output, so we could see which tests have the
problem?

> I don't claim to have found a solution for this, but at least for now,
> and for me i got a workaround....

Which you didn't post either (as a patch).  :-(