Re: how to give dependency library in libtool on hpux PA

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: how to give dependency library in libtool on hpux PA
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:36:14 +0100

Hello Joseph,

* joseph kanagaraj wrote on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:03:47AM CET:

>      I am facing problem on giving dependency path through automake on hpux
> PA 32 bit .
> When i genreating shared library libsample2.sl which is dependent on
> libsample1.sl which genreated but not installed in the mcahine.so while
> generating libsample2.sl i have given the
>  libfmkmgr_la_LIBADD ../../src/.libs/libsample1.la
>
> With this Iam able to generate the shared library libsample2.sl. but when i
> do chatr on the library, it shows dependend path as static for
> libssampl1.sl. This problem  iam facing on  HPUX 11.i PA 32 bit only. how to
> change the dependend path as dyanmic.  please find the sample Makefile.am .
>

> lib_LTLIBRARIES = libsample2.la
>
>  libfmkmgr_la_LIBADD ../../src/.libs/libsample1.la

I think the line above should be

  libsample2_la_LIBADD = ../../src/libsample1.la

Note the three changes:
1) add a dependency to libsample2, not to libfmkmgr.
2) add a missing equals sign.
3) remove the .libs/ from the path.

I assume the first two are a cut-and-paste typo and are correct in your
code, but the last one is hopefully the one that will fix your problems.
If that's not the case, then please post the output
  ./libtool --config

Another note:

> libsample2_la_SOURCES = *.c

Automake recommends listing all sources explicitly.  The above will fail
if you (or your users) try to use a build tree separate from the source
tree; also, it may include sources that you may not want included (I do
  cp foo.c foo.bak.c

sometimes when I would like to keep some version intermediately, for
example).

Hope that helps.