Re: [RFC] adding support for Linux FDPIC ELF

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [RFC] adding support for Linux FDPIC ELF
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:50:52 -0500

On Sunday 28 January 2007, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> I'd like 1.5.24 to be released soon, and the backport of the
> *-linux-uclibc* part of your patch against HEAD is trivial.  I can
> also write the ChangeLog entry and all.  But I do want an assessment
> of how complete the port is, to write a NEWS entry and not raise
> false expectations.

sorry for the delay ... we've done some work in our toolchain and i'm not sure
we need to bother updating libtool anymore

we've changed the tuple from bfin-uclinux to bfin-linux-uclibc so we can keep
FLAT and FDPIC ELF separate and because bfin-linux-uclibc is now dedicated to
FDPIC ELF, we've simply moved -mfdpic into the gcc specs

since the linux handling was made generic sometime ago (linux-gnu* -> linux*),
linux-uclibc toolchains get all the benefits of libtool for free
-mike