Re: Support for Interix 5.2 and 6.0?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Support for Interix 5.2 and 6.0?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:14:34 +0100

Hello Martin,

* Martin Koeppe wrote on Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 08:23:02PM CET:

> libtool support for Interix 3.5 aka Microsoft Services for Unix is
> great. Unfortunately it currently only works for Interix 3.5, not
> for the 5.2 version included in Windows Server 2003 R2, and not for
> the 6.0 version included in Vista.
[...]
> So please consider doing s/interix3/interix/ on libtool.m4 before
> releasing 1.5.23. This may have some impact on Interix 2.x, but as 3.5
> is now available for free and 3.0 should work as before, it shouldn't
> matter that much.

Could you send a patch to the libtool-patches list (with `diff -u') that
changes instances of interix3 to
  interix[3-9]

(in most cases in m4 files you will have to write
  interix[[3-9]]
due to the M4 quoting) and report the verbose test failures?
Otherwise, I can post a patch this weekend, could you test it then?
Extra credits if you do it for CVS HEAD as well, and its new testsuite
(README knows how to use it).

Thanks,