Re: Support for Interix 5.2 and 6.0?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Support for Interix 5.2 and 6.0?
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:10:12 +0100

Hello Martin,

* Martin Koeppe wrote on Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 08:58:11PM CET:

> first of all sorry for double posting, I thought non-subscribers were
> simply ignored because of spam.

No, but they are moderated once (for each email address they use).

> >* Martin Koeppe wrote on Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 08:23:02PM CET:
> >>
> >>So please consider doing s/interix3/interix/ on libtool.m4 before
> >>releasing 1.5.23.

I applied changes to branch-1-5 and HEAD (to use the range [3-9] instead
of 3).  Please wait a day, grab the nightly tarballs for both branches
(so you don't need to bootstrap), configure, make.  URLs are listed on
the GNU Libtool web page.  With HEAD, please run
  make -k check

so that the new testsuite (the check-local part) is also run.  If it has
failures, please send tests/testsuite.log.  Please reply to the
libtool-patches list.  Thanks.

For the mdemo-dryrun failure, please run this
  make check VERBOSE=yes TESTS="tests/mdemo-conf.test  \
    tests/mdemo-make.test tests/mdemo-exec.test tests/mdemo-inst.test \
    tests/mdemo-unst.test tests/mdemo-dryrun.test"

and show the contents of the files
  tests/mdemo/.libs/temp/temp/before
  tests/mdemo/.libs/temp/temp/after

If the failure "don't know how to build libltdlc.la" persists with the
nightly tarballs, we need to look into that.  Which make version is
this?

I'll post the patches separately (to libtool-patches only).

> Another maybe minor thing: On Interix, at least since 3.5 (I don't
> have older versions), calling ranlib isn't needed, see:

OK, thanks.  I won't go to change this at the moment, though.
(There are several more systems where this optimization can be
done eventually.)