Re: libtool dll creation (mingw32 undefined symbols)

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool dll creation (mingw32 undefined symbols)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:02:54 +0200

Hello Richard,

Please keep the libtool list in Cc:, thanks.

* richard wrote on Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:45:01PM CEST:

>> Typo: -no-undefined (just one leading hyphen).
>>
> thanks a lot Ralf, this was the only error. the dll compiles and i get a
> running .exe in ./libs (tested with wine and winXP). hurray.
> Actually i thought long parameters are supposed to start with "--" or at
> least there should be an error about a undefined command line switch.

Yep, there isn't, I guess there should be.  But the way libtool works
it's almost impossible to do without lots of noise: link mode only
allows very few arguments through to the linker command line unchanged,
and of those that it drops/needs to drop, it cannot know whether they
would have raised a warning or an error with the system's compiler or
linker, respectively.