Re: Cygwin & libltdl

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Cygwin & libltdl
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 10:52:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Eric Blake wrote:

My guess is that the solution, at least until libtool is improved to not
explicitly mark libltdl symbols for export when compiling libltdl as a
convenience library, is to either also mark all your symbols for export, or to
add this to your Makefile.am (which is what I did for M4):

# The -export-symbols-regex ".*" is a hack to work around the
# fact that on cygwin, the convenience library libltdl exports symbols,
# which effectively disables the auto-exporting of all other symbols.
# Revisit this if libtool on cygwin improves.
# See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool-patches/2007-02/msg00062.html
AM_LDFLAGS     += -export-symbols-regex ".*"

Am I correct in assuming that this issue is entirely specific to Microsoft Windows and does not apply to other operating systems?

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn