Re: how to pass disable-static through automake?

From: Derek Feichtinger
Subject: Re: how to pass disable-static through automake?
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:36:33 +0200

Hi,

answering my own question, after digging around in the makefiles:

Automake uses the variables AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS and per target variabes
mylibrary_la_LIBTOOLFLAGS which allow passing of flags to libtool.

So, the following line indeed prevented the building of the static objects.
libXrdOfs_la_LIBTOOLFLAGS = --tag=disable-static

The only question remaining is whether that is the recommended way to do it,
since I can find nothing in the documentation about these variables.

Derek

--
Dr. Derek Feichtinger                   Tel:   +41 56 310 47 33
AIT Group                               email: address@hidden