Re: building dynamically loaded modules

From: Thomas Koeller
Subject: Re: building dynamically loaded modules
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:47:47 +0200

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 12:17, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Well, you can just not build the module in this case.  If you're using
> Automake, you can use a conditional
> <http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Conditionals>
> based on $enable_shared and just not build the module if it is not
> "yes".

But I do want to be able to load modules dynamically, even if the
rest of the program is linked statically. What I want is something
like glibc's nsswitch system, where the nss libraries are built as
shared objects even if enable_shared=no.

Thanks,
Thomas
--
_______________________________

Thomas Köller, Software Developer

Basler Vision Technologies
An der Strusbek 60-62
22926 Ahrensburg
Germany

Tel. +49 (0) 4102 - 463 390
Fax +49 (0) 4102 - 463 390

mailto:address@hidden
http://www.baslerweb.com

Vorstand: Dr.-Ing. Dietmar Ley (Vorsitzender) · John P. Jennings · Peter
Krumhoff · Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Norbert Basler
Basler AG · Amtsgericht Ahrensburg HRB 4090 · Ust-IdNr.: DE 135 098 121 ·
Steuer-Nr.: 30 292 04497