Re: normal ltdl linking suggestions?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: normal ltdl linking suggestions?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:31:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Benoit SIGOURE wrote:

Your approach is outright heresy. With this approach, users would simply install a copy of GNU 'autobuild' prior to building all other packages. This would result in no need for embedded autoconf, automake, and libtool in all the packages. Shame on you for suggesting such an approach. Go stand in a corner.

I'm not sure I understand why you're saying this. Did you mean s/no need/need/?

The above was my feeble attempt at humor.  Sorry about that.

I think that building using an installed libtool is a fine idea as long as your users are prepared to install the prerequisites.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn