Re: Mac OS X isysroot and lib dependencies

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Mac OS X isysroot and lib dependencies
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:17:20 -0500

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 18:23 +0300, Heikki Lindholm wrote:
> Peter O'Gorman kirjoitti:
> > On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 11:16 +0300, Heikki Lindholm wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I'm trying to build a libtoolized project in a Mac OS X SDK using the
> >>appropriate -isysroot/-syslibroot flags, but libtool seems to fail when
> >>there's a library installed in the SDK, say /home/MySDK/usr/local/lib,
> >>with dependencies in the .la file, such as
> >>dependency_libs='/usr/local/lib/libintl.la',
> >>which only exist in the SDK. The error I get from libtool is:
> >

> > I don't remember if I fixed this yet. Are you creating your own SDKs?
> > Apple's SDKs do not contain any .la files.
>
> Yes, I'm creating a custom SDK to overcome problems linking to my own
> libs in Xcode (which basically fails when the libs are outside
> syslibroot.) I couldn't find another sensible way.

Ok. The fix that I had earlier proposed on the -patches list would not
fix this situation, it only dealt with the Apple SDKs (which do not
have .la files, unlike /). Looks like a real fix is needed for this
situation :(

The linking with Xcode should not fail with libs outside the sysroot, I
think that you may have some problem with your Xcode setup, you can ask
for help with that on Apple's Xcode-users list
<http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/xcode-users>.

To fix this issue, it is easiest to rm all the .la files in your SDK.

Peter