libtool during runtime links program with system library instead of one

From: Peter Volkov
Subject: libtool during runtime links program with system library instead of one from the build tree
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:29:19 +0400

Hello.

I found the following problem that I'm not sure how to resolve. Consider
the following situation: in package wireshark there are program tshark
and library libwireshark. tshark is linked with libwireshark. Now,
during compilation tshark is called to generate some package
documentation, and here the problem arise: during this call dynamic
linker links tshark with installed on the
system /usr/lib/libwireshark.so.0 instead of library which was build
with the package itself. If I export LD_RUN_PATH everything works
correctly, but are there better ways? How can I tell libtool to link
program with the library from the package itself until I have not
installed it?

Thank you in advance,
--
Peter.