Re: libltdl convenience missing make targets

From: Philip Kovacs
Subject: Re: libltdl convenience missing make targets
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:24:12 -0400

* Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> [2007-08-23 20:27:43 +0200]:

> Say, Philip, could you post complete output of 'make dist' so we can see
> whether the failure is actually in libltdl, or rather your package?  It
> can happen if either one was treated with an older Automake.  Anyway
> there was another bug wrt. 'make dist' when an innermore package was
> treated with an older Automake version and the outermore one with 1.10
> IIRC (not that this is the case here, I don't know).

OK I found the problem.  As I stated before, I was running the build tools
as follows in my autogen.sh:

aclocal -I m4
libtoolize --ltdl --force --copy
autoheader
automake --add-missing --copy
autoconf

All I need to do is traverse into libltdl and issue autoreconf:

cd libltdl
autoreconf
cd ..

to update those libtoolize-installed scripts.  make dist and distclean
from the top-level now work as expected.

Thanks all for your helpful suggestions!

Phil