Question about shlibpath_overrides_runpath / relinking

From: Duft Markus
Subject: Question about shlibpath_overrides_runpath / relinking
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:55:55 +0200

Hi together!

I have a question about relinking. I'm porting libtool 1.5.24 to a
compiler which uses microsoft's cl.exe in the background. I have all
libtool tests passing right now.

Still i feel, that relinking should not be neccessary with my compiler
(it supports hardcoding correctly, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is my shlibpath_var,
and it is looked at after the hardcoded runpath to find libraries), it
just eats up a lot of time. Now, Settings shlibpath_overrides_runpath to
yes results in everything working fine, except the
build-relink[2].test(s), which now both fail, since libtool is able to
detect the false setting for shlibpath_overrides_runpath.

Is there any other way to tell libtool, that it should not relink, which
does not break anything else.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers, Markus

--

Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz