HP-UX shared lib detection (1.5.24)

From: Roger While
Subject: HP-UX shared lib detection (1.5.24)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:43:43 +0100

Go this on HP-UX 11 64-bit using stable 1.5.24 -

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -ldb.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libdb and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /home/proghome/wgay/local/lib/libdb-4.5.sl
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

Problem is the file magic test. Here is what "file" produces -
$ file /home/proghome/wgay/local/lib/libdb-4.5.sl
/home/proghome/wgay/local/lib/libdb-4.5.sl: ELF 64-bit MSB shared object, PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64) version 1, not stripped

which trips up when setting the deplibs_check_method.

Got a quick fix?

Roger While