Re: C++ Plugins and virtual destructors.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: C++ Plugins and virtual destructors.
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 00:10:30 +0100

* Daniel Herring wrote on Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 07:46:55AM CET:

> Here's a relevant post from the GCC list; it mentions how to work around
> some dlopen difficulties (including RTTI, exceptions, custom new/delete).
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2007-10/msg00248.html

Thanks for this link.  FWIW, I could not easily see why RTLD_NOW should
be needed.  If it is, there's an opportunity to extent libltdl's advise
API for this flag.

If someone with more C++ experience than me could put together a small
test that tries out the stuff that's all supposed to work, I'd be happy
to have it included in Libtool HEAD's testsuite.  It may happen that
that someone gets a round of failure reports sometime later though. ;-)