Re: Favoring static linking at configure time

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Favoring static linking at configure time
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 13:33:18 -0600

Benoit Sigoure wrote:

>> -Bstatic and -Bdynamic are not portable.
>

> The quoting is wrong, I didn't say this :)

Heh.

> Anyways, are you aware of another more general/portable solution to
> detect static libraries?

You can run libtool at configure time, in branch-1-5 it is created while
running configure, in HEAD you have to use LT_OUTPUT to generate a
configure time libtool to test with.

You could figure out what the extension for static archives is on the
host platform, and then use full paths to them. I am not sure how AIX
would behave here where the archive contains the shared object.

Not much help, sorry.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman